Live Virtual Orientations
In order to obtain a license to operate a Family Child Care Home you must first attend the Family Child Care Home Orientation.
Live virtual orientations for Family Child Care Homes are being offered in multiple languages and open to attendees statewide. For availability and contact information, please see Live Virtual Orientation Schedule.
To register for a live virtual orientation, contact your local Regional Office.
If you are unable to attend a live virtual orientation, you may register for our online orientation to fulfill the orientation requirement. Please note that this option does not have a live facilitator. For assistance with online orientations, contact your local regional office, child care advocates, or your local resource and referral program.
Live Virtual Orientation Prerequisites
Computer System Requirements
NOTE: The live virtual orientation is facilitated by regional office licensing staff and live streamed through the Zoom platform. The use of a laptop or desktop computer is highly recommended.
- Live virtual orientations will limit participants per session to allow for a quality group learning experience. Prior registration is required.
- To register, contact your local Regional Office and pay the orientation fee. A valid email address is required to receive the Zoom registration link.
- The orientation fee is $25. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Payment may be made by cashier’s check, money order, or personal check payable to CDSS-CASHIER.
- Submit payment by mail or deliver to your local Regional Office. It must be received by our office at least 1 week prior to the date of the orientation.
- You will receive a receipt of your payment by email.
- Orientations are not transferable to another person.
- Once your enrollment is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent to you with instructions on how to log in on the day of the orientation.
- If you do not receive your confirmation e-mail three days prior to orientation, please call the Regional Office where you registered.
- Each participant must have a unique e-mail address to register. Do not use the same email address for multiple participants.
- You must be on time. Late arrivals will not be given full credit for the session.
- Plan on logging in 10 minutes prior to the orientation session.
- To participate in the live virtual orientation satisfactorily, your device must have an audio component and the Zoom app installed or accessible. A laptop or desk top computer is highly recommended.
- As a courtesy to other participants, you are encouraged to attend the orientation in a quiet location, free from excessive noise and distractions.
- The orientation is approximately 4-4.5 hours. You must be present for the entire orientation to receive an orientation certificate.
- Orientation certificate will be mailed within a week following orientation.
Prior to attending the live virtual orientation, it is recommended that you review, download, and print all the application forms associated with Family Child Care Home license: