Statewide Verification Hub
The Statewide Verification Hub (SHV) is an agency-wide IT solution that will improve California families’ access to services by streamlining the eligibility verification process for many California Health and Human Services Agency (CHHSA) programs, with initial efforts focusing on CalFresh, CalWORKs, and Medi-Cal. While upholding Californians’ privacy and security, the new IT effort will develop a modernized and leverageable Hub that will connect eligibility case management systems with real-time data sources and federally-mandated Income Eligibility Verification System (IEVS) data matches.
The SVH Project is a multi-department effort to bring key programs together with the common goal of producing fast and accurate eligibility determinations for needs-based programs.
SVH Project objectives include:
- Streamline client access and experience when applying for and submitting required documents for programs.
- Simplify business processes for county workers.
- Improve accuracy rates and reduce incorrect benefit determinations.
- Modernize technology to allow for better responsiveness to program changes.
- Leverage centralized data processes for other departments and programs.