Trafficking and Crime Victim Assistance Program (TCVAP)

Who is it for?

Non-citizen victims of crime who need immediate services and are obtaining a legal humanitarian status or assisting in the prosecution of a crime. This includes victims of human trafficking who have not yet been certified by the Office of Trafficking in Persons (OTIP) and victims of domestic violence and other serious crimes.

How to Apply and Get Services:

TCVAP services are provided through the local county social services office.  You may apply online at or in person. To apply in person or to find out more about TCVAP benefits in your county, please call your local County Social Services agency.

Already Getting TCVAP:

For questions or problems with your TCVAP benefits, contact your local County Social Services agency for assistance or the CDSS TCVAP coordinator at (916) 654-4356, email at

Additional Services:

In addition to benefits through TCVAP, recipients may also be eligible for services such as employment assistance, job training, and more. Visit the Enhanced Services for Asylees and Vulnerable Noncitizens (ESAVN) program webpage for more information or for help applying for benefits.

Have you received your certification letter from OTIP?

Victims of human trafficking may be eligible for additional or continued benefits and services once they have received a certification letter from OTIP. Visit the Refugee Cash Assistance web page for more information.

Do you need a service provider to work with?

To contact a local organization who assist victims of crime, contact the National Human Trafficking Resource Center for assistance.

Back to Top