IHSS Career Pathways Program
Coming in Fall 2022
IHSS Career Pathways is an exciting, new initiative meant to provide training opportunities to IHSS providers in California. The IHSS Career Pathways Program will encourage recruitment and retention of providers for recipients while providing training opportunities to enhance providers skills and career opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and retain a network of high-skilled care workers.
- Improve consumer experience and care outcomes.
- Support a career ladder that allows care workers to build their skills and opportunities for career advancement.
There will be five pathways available to the IHSS providers and will provide a wealth of health care educational knowledge.
- Category 1: General Pathways
- General Health and Safety for Caregivers
- Adult Education
- Category 2: Specialized Pathways
- Cognitive Impairments and Behavioral Health
- Complex Physical Care Needs
- Transitioning into In-Home Care
Get Paid to Attend
Providers who choose to participate can get paid for the time in training and may qualify for payments for completing training in particular areas.
The system is being built now. More information to be available throughout 2022.
Proposed Implementation Timeline
We are targeting the Career Pathways Program to be available in October 2022.
IHSS Career Pathways Stakeholder engagement meetings are expected to start in early 2022. Updates will be available at IHSS Career Pathways Program-Stakeholder Information.
Please submit your questions to IHSSCareerPathways@dss.ca.gov
Resource and Reference
IHSS Career Pathways Resources