Family Urgent Response System
Welcome to the FURS Hub!
California Family Urgent Response System (Cal-FURS)
Telephone Number: 833-939-3877
Email Address: email@example.com
24/7 Phone and In-Person Support for Issues Big and Small
This hub is intended to provide background information, resources, and links about the FURS program.
FURS is a coordinated statewide, regional, and county-level system designed to provide collaborative and timely state-level phone-based response and county-level in-home, in-person mobile response during situations of instability, to preserve the relationship of the caregiver and the child or youth.
How FURS Helps and Why It’s Important:
- It provides current and former foster youth and their caregivers with immediate, trauma-informed support when they need it.
- Prevents placement moves.
- Preserves the relationship between the child or youth and their caregiver.
- Provides a trauma-informed alternative for families who previously resorted to calling 911 or law enforcement.
- Reduces hospitalizations, law enforcement contacts, and placement in out-of-home facilities.
- Promotes healing as a family.
- Improves retention of current foster caregivers.
- Promotes stability for youth in foster care, including youth in extended foster care.
FURS Services Include:
- A toll-free hotline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week staffed with caring counselors trained in conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques for children and youth impacted by trauma.
- County Mobile Response and Stabilization Teams also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- In-home de-escalation, stabilization, conflict resolution, and support services and resources.
- Ongoing support services beyond the initial mobile response.
- Hotline and mobile response staff trained in working with children and families who have experienced trauma.