ACMS Support | Training Resources | FAQ | Glossary | Release Notes
Hello, the Appeals Case Management System (ACMS) is live! You can access the system here:
Below you can find all the resources you need to assist you with using this new system.
We appreciate your comments or suggestions - send them to us at ACMS@dss.ca.gov
ACMS Technical Support (TOP)
If you need help using ACMS or are experiencing a technical problem, please contact the support team using one of the methods below:
ACMS@dss.ca.gov 1-800-743-8525 (Option 6 for ACMS technical support ONLY) 1-800-743-8525 (Option 9 for all other State Hearings questions)
Sprint 24 is tentative set for release on Saturday, September 14. Be on the look out for release notes around September 11. See below for some of the fixes that will be deployed.
Training Resources (TOP)
If your agency would like webinar training based on your use of ACMS, please contact the ACMS Team at ACMS@dss.ca.gov. We'll be happy to train your team on the use of ACMS. You can also find some basic training videos in the Videos section below.
Below are training resources sorted by user role. Additional training sessions will be added as they become available!
Covered California Users
Advocate Agency Users Quick Guides
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)(TOP)
What date should I enter if I don’t know the DOB (Date of Birth)? If you don’t have a DOB for a claimant, enter 01/01/1753.
Can Counties or Covered California online their own appeals? Counties and Covered California have the ability to submit appeals in ACMS, but refer to your agency’s policy regarding submitting appeals in this manner.
How can I tell if a claimant has an e-filer account? If you bring up the claimant’s profile in ACMS, there will be a username at the bottom. This means the claimant has an e-filer account. However, just because an e-filer has an account, doesn’t mean they access their appeal information through ACMS – you should check their Preferred Mode of Communication.
How long will ACMS data be retained and retrievable? We have no plans to archive or disable any accounts in ACMS. All appeal information in ACMS will be retained and accessible.
I need help troubleshooting something in ACMS. I’ve talked to my Super-User and checked all the videos and guides on the ACMS website, but I can’t find a solution to my problem. What should I do? Although Super-Users and our support website, videos, tutorials and guides are very helpful, there are just some things they don’t cover. If that’s the case, please email the ACMS support team at email@example.com or give us a call at 800-743-8525 and select Option 6 for ACMS Support.
Some rural claimant have both a physical address and a mailing address, which one should be entered into ACMS? Please use the mailing address.
When an agency changes the hearing representative for a case, ACMS generates another ‘Submit SOP’ task for the new hearing representative. How should the extra ‘Submit SOP’ task be handled? You may close the ‘Submit SOP’ task that no longer applies. This will remove the task from the former hearing rep’s queue.
What browsers can I use to access ACMS? Although ACMS works with any browser, we've noticed that ACMS doesn't perform well in Internet Explorer. We recommend using Google Chrome browser or Microsoft Edge.
There's a case in my queue that shouldn't be there because I already completed it. How do I get it off the queue? Queues are populated by open tasks. If you've completed the task and it still in your queue, then the task is probably still open. You can go to the Task tab, find the task, and close it.
E-Filer Appeal Submission - How an E-Filer creates a User Account and submits an Appeal
E-Filer Appeal View - What an E-Filer can see in ACMS
Search like a Super-User! - Doing Standard and Advanced Searches in ACMS
Submitting Appeals Using ACMS for County Users
ACMS Release Notes(TOP)
Release Notes - 6/21/2019 (Sprint 22)
Release Notes - 8/3/2019 (Sprint 23)
Release Notes - 9/7/2019 (Sprint 24)
Upcoming Fixes & Enhancements (TOP)
- Conditional withdrawal letter identifies incorrect agency agreeing to conditions in Dual cases.
- Differentiate CC and DHCS users by dividing the RA User role.
- Before granting a postponement on a continued hearing, notify the user that they may be postponing a continued hearing.
- Create a field to search for appeal and claimant from any page.
- OptaPlanner Rule weighting refinement. Scheduling issues.
- When entering a note on the hearing page, have it open on a new browser tab so judges don't lose the information they've entered on the hearing page.
- PDF Final Decisions have the appeal number in the filename.
- Identify if a beneficiary is deceased.
- Make the Withdraw and Upload buttons inactive for e-filers appeals that have not been submitted.
- Generate the OSP Cover Page for manual mailings.
- Due Date not displaying on Printer Friendly Format of Appeal Page
- Ability to search for latest postponements or reopen dates
- Add Decision disposition to Released Decisions Report
- Create a monthly issue code report
- Decision CTO needs associated hearing field
- Password requirement: new passwords must be different from previous passwords by at least 3 characters
- Require minimum of 5 characters in the appeal search dashboard
- Enhance performance of scheduling and batch calendaring
- Increase email notifications for Rehearing Unit
- Add Appeal State to appeal banner
- On Hearing object, ability to add ad-hoc hearing location
- Display full date and time on the document listing
- Automatically transfer hearing recordings into ACMS with some user input
- Ability to download all documents for an appeal
- Rehearing Statistical reports
- Notify via email the ALJ when the modality of a hearing changes
- Original Hearing Request documents for each case when the case is split
- "Further Hearing" option for decisions for PJ
- Add Backup option to "My Cases" queue with on/off toggle
ACA - Affordable Care Act
ACMS - Appeals Case Management System
ALJ - Administrative Law Judge
AR - Authorized Representative
Breadcrumbs - the blue links under the top navigation bar that can get you to other pages on the current appeal.
HR - Hearing Representative or Hearing Request
HWDC - Health and Welfare Data Center
M&O - Maintenance and Operations
Modality - Format of hearing: in-person, phone, video
Queue - a list of appeals
RFA - Resource Family Approval
SHD - State Hearings Division
SHN - State Hearings Number
SOP - Statement of Position
Sprint - a period of time in which small chunks of system functionality are designed, built, tested and implemented
SSN - Social Security Number
UAT - User Acceptance Testing
Widget - those icons at the bottom of some ACMS screens; they typically access other tabs via a pop-up window